Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD

On August 20, 2009, my parents will celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary. My two brothers and I are very blessed to have such wonderfully loving, generous and hard working parents. My father, William "Grant" Morrow, before he retired, owned and operated "Morrow Construction Company" and worked from dawn to dusk to provide for his family. My father was head Deacon at Bethsada Baptist Church and remains active today. My mother, Dorothy D. Morrow, was valedictorian of her class at Bennett College and went on to become a successful public school teacher and administrator. My mother remains active in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, The Linx, Bennett College Alumnae Association, is an award winning volunteer at RDU Airport and found time to found a charity organization that assists the elderly. My parents have taught their children by word and example. As such, hard work, taking personal responsibility and a sense of civic duty are valued in our family. When times get tough, as they sometimes do, I remember my parents' words: "To those that much is given, much is expected."
Congratulations Mom and Dad on 54 wonderful years together. I strive everyday to live a life that makes you proud through my words, actions and deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment