Sunday, August 30, 2009

SUCCESSFUL RALLY

Thanks to Joel Tucker, my campaign manager and friend, Saturday, August 29, 2009 was a fun, successful, and organized campaigning day. We had a ton of volunteers show up to help with our campaign.

Thank you to everyone who came early for coffee and danishes and helped put together signs and stuff door bags. Joel organized teams of three and we put these teams in every Ward in East Point. We spent numerous hours walking streets, knocking on doors, talking with East Point residents and being allowed to put our signs in yards all over this city. East Point citizens are excited about the upcoming election. They are excited that we are coming to their doors and seeking their input. I did not get turned away from one door. Many people invited me into their home to chat for a minute or two. They told me of their hopes and dreams for East Point. They also told me of their disappointments and areas where our city could do better. Thank you to all the residents who so gratiously gave of their time to talk with us.

After canvassing, we enjoyed a cookout where we all told our stories of the day. Thanks to Bobby and my beautiful god-daughter Sidney for organizing games at the house and preparing all the food for the famished street walkers. We were tired and hungry when we returned to the house but everyone was excited about how positive and successful the day had been.

My friends are dedicating their time and energy and going outside of their comfort zones to get me elected. Words cannot express my gratitude. East Point citizens are giving their support in many different ways in the hope that my campaign will be successful. As such, I feel a great responsibility to put my best foot forward and work hard for a better East Point. I am up for the challenge and if given the opportunity, I will be a councilman that East Point will be proud to call their representative.

No comments:

Post a Comment