Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Canvassing a Success

(Pictured to the left: My 4th of July Team)

We had a wonderful 4th of July! I want to thank my team John, Lavell, Randy, Bobby, Henry, Bobby W., Mari, Robert and Joel for hitting the streets of the Jefferson Park, Colonial Hills, Egan Park and East Washington neighborhoods with me. A special thanks to Joel and Robert for coming through with the flyers. I had the opportunity to meet and talk with many of my East Point neighbors about their love of our city. I was especially impressed by Ms. Trylor who welcomed me into her home, told me about her life in East Point and spoke one-on-one with me about my candidacy. I appreciate her candor and look forward to visiting her neighborhood association where she serves as secretary.

After visiting the neighborhoods, the volunteer team met back at my home and enjoyed a cook-out of ribs, chicken, hot dogs and hamburgers. Enjoying fun times with my East Point friends is what I love most about this city. I look forward to meeting more residents and making more friends in the coming weeks and months as I visit Wards A, C and D. If you see me on your street in the near future please say "hi". I want to hear what is on your mind and how we can work together to make our city the absolute best it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment