Friday, July 10, 2009

My Campaign Platform

East Point faces many challenges and I believe that with hard work and with respect to all, we can come together as a community and make great things happen for us all. I hope you will consider voting for me in November.

MY PLATFORM:

•I will work with the mayor, council and city employees to get East Point's financial house in order.
•City services rates are ever increasing while services to residents are decreasing. We can do better and I will work to correct these deficiencies.
•I will work to attract smart growth and businesses that will help ease the tax burdens on individual residents. We have a treasure of industrial and commercial space that goes unused. We must market our city better and I will work hard to make this happen.
•I will work with, not against existing small businesses to help them thrive and grow.
•I will work towards accountability of all city employees to ensure that the citizens are receiving acceptable levels of professionalism and work product and ensure that our employees receive respect for their contributions to our city and work to ensure high morale.
•With East Point’s close proximity to the world’s busiest airport and the city of Atlanta, we should be in the best position to attract residents and business. Unfortunately, we are falling behind our sister cities of College Park and Hapeville. We must change the demeanor and tone on council and work together for the simple goal of promoting East Point.
•I will work towards the goal of the “beautification” of East Point. East Point must have gateways into the city if we are ever going to expect to continue to lure new residents and business. For this to happen, the Mayor and council must work together putting wards aside and act in conjunction to plant the seed that will grow across the entire city.

No comments:

Post a Comment